Create a Web Registration Form
Create a registration form for your website. When families complete the online form, the registration data is saved to our secure web server.
- On the Information tab, click Register Families and Enroll Students Online. then, on the Formation Processes tab, click
- Select Create Web Registration Form, and select your site management option. Click Next.
- Enter the form name and brief introduction to display at the top of your web form.
- Select the sections you want to display on the web form, and click Next.
- If you selected to show sacraments, user keywords, and/or student remarks, select the options to display on the form. Click Next.
- If you selected to show ministries and/or talents, select the options to display for those fields and for the status field on the form. Click Next.
- Select the options to display for relationships, titles, phone types, email types, and grades/degrees. (Scroll down to see all the option lists.) Click Next.
- To display class information on the web form, select the option. If you want to require families to enroll students, select the checkbox. This removes the ability for the family to select Enroll Student or Do Not Enroll Student on the registration form. Then, enter how many classes the family can register for, select the year/period, and select the classes to include. Click Next.CAUTION: The first time you create a form, all classes are selected by default. After that, the classes you selected last time are marked. Be sure the selected classes are the ones you want to include on the form.
- If you want to allow families to pay for registration online, select your Vanco account and the appropriate fund information. Note that PDS does not save payment information when families submit registrations. Payments are processed directly through Vanco.
- Select whether the rate will be paid per student or per family. If you have student rates, select whether the family pays the same rate for each student or there are different rates (discounts) for multiple students in the same family. Click Next.CAUTION: Different rates only apply if the family registers all of their students on the same registration form. If they register one student per form, they will pay the first student rate for each student, which is typically a higher amount.
- Select whether to provide discounts for families or students, and enter the rates. Click Next.
- Multiple Rate Discounts—If you selected to have different rates for students, you can set up discounted rates per grade, age, class, or student (depending on the option you selected in the previous window). In the top table, enter a meaningful name for each discount that registering families will understand. Enter each type of student's discount amounts in the bottom table in the window.
- Single Rate Discount Per Family—If you selected to have, a family rate, the same rate for each student, or different rates for multiple students, you can set up discounts per family. In the top table, enter a meaningful name for each discount that registering families will understand. Enter each type of family's discount amounts in the bottom table in the window.
- Single Rate Discount Per Student—If you selected to have the same rate for each student, you can set up discounts per student. In the top table, enter a meaningful name for each discount that registering families will understand. Enter each type of student's discount amounts in the bottom table in the window.
- If you have fees, select whether to charge by grade, age, or class, and enter the rates. If you want to set up a fee for any student, select None. Enter a meaningful fee name (such as "Sacramental Prep Fee" or "Meal Fee") and fund information that fee payments should go toward. Click Next.
- If there are any special instructions you want the registering family to see, enter a message. If you want to include a list of the student rates you set up in the previous window, enter [RateOptions] in this box. To go to a new line, press Ctrl + Enter on your keyboard. You can preview the form in the next window. Click Next.
- Select the fields you want to include on the form. You can edit field names in the Edit to Show on Form column. Click Preview Form to see what the fields look like on your web form.
- Then select which of those fields you want to require the family to enter when registering. An asterisk (*) displays on the form beside the required fields you select. Click Next.
- Enter the email address of the person to notify after a family registers their student(s) online. Typically, this is the person who processes registrations.
- Compose the confirmation email that each registering family receives.
- If you want to redirect families to another webpage after submitting their form, enter the URL. Enter the number of seconds to show the confirmation page before redirecting. Then click Next.Tip: Enter 0 seconds to go directly to the webpage without showing confirmation.
- Select a registration layout. If you plan to allow people to enter registration information on a tablet, select Mobile-Friendly View.
- Select whether to create multiple files or a single file.
- Select whether to store or transfer the files, and enter any necessary information.
- Click Finish or Transfer.
After the files are created, copy them and have your website manager put the form on your website. As families fill out the form, the person you entered as the Notice Email Address for Your Church receives an email. Once you get registration forms back, you're ready to check and register families and students.