Move Member Information to Another Field
With this process, you can move data from one field to another. For example, if someone mistakenly entered the student relationship in the Type field, you can move the information from the Type field to the Relationship field.
- On the Information tab, click Move Family Member Information. then, on the Student Processes tab, click
- Make selections to build your list of records to process, then click Next.Note:
For help with conditions, see the Additional Selections section in the topic, Report Selections.
- Select which type of family members to move fields for, and click Next.
- Select the source field you want to move. In the example on this page, this is the Type.
- To remove the original data, select Blank out <Source Field>.Note: If you don't select this, the field retains the original value, and a copy of it is placed in the destination field.
- If you move a memo field (a text box, such as comments), select whether to move either the entire field or only a specific line of the field.
- Select the field you want to move the source field to. In the example on this page, this is the Relationship.
- If you move the source to a memo field (a text box), select whether to overwrite the data or append it to the end.
- To move the data, click Move Fields.
- Click Preview to view the moved data.