Create an Email Registration Form
Create a registration form to email to families. When families complete the form, the registration data is saved to our secure web server.
- On the Information tab, click .
- Select Create and Email Registration Form, then click Next.
- Read the process description, then click Next.
- Enter the form name and brief introduction to display at the top of your form.
- Select the sections you want to display on the form, and click Next.
- If you selected to show sacraments, user keywords, and/or pledges, select the options to display on the form. Click Next.
- If you selected to show ministries and/or talent keywords, select the options to display for those fields and for the status field on the form. Click Next.
- Select the options to display for relationships, titles, phone types, email types, and grades/degrees. (Scroll down to see all the option lists.) Click Next.
- Select the fields you want to include on the form. You can edit field names in the Edit to Show on Form column. Click Preview Form to see what the fields look like on your form. Click Next.
- Enter the email address of the person to notify after a family registers. Typically, this is the person who processes registrations.
- Compose the confirmation email that each registering family receives.
- If you want to redirect families to another webpage after submitting their form, enter the URL. Enter the number of seconds to show the confirmation page before redirecting.Tip: Enter 0 seconds to go directly to the webpage without showing confirmation.
- Select whether to email the form with existing information displayed so families can update it, or email a blank form for families to complete. Click Next.
- If you selected blank form, click the add icon and enter the family names and emails. These can be added as new records once families register.
- If you selected to send existing information, select which families to email the form to. Only families who have an email address are included.Note: For help with conditions, see the Additional Selections section in the topic, Report Selections.
- Click Next, and review and verify the email list.
- If you selected to send existing information and you want to require a password to open the form, you can encrypt the email attachment. Select Password Protect the Email Form and enter the password that all families must use to open their registration form. Then, click Next.Note: Two emails are sent to the selected families once you finish this process: one with the form attached and one with the password. When families open the attached form in their email program, they are prompted to enter the password you set in this step.
- Click Setup to enter or verify your email server information. Then, enter the email information and message.
- When you're ready to send the form, click Email.
As families fill out the form, the person you entered as the Notice Email Address for Your Church receives an email. Once you get registration forms back, you're ready to check and register families.