Add a New Family
As new families join your parish, create a record for each family.
- On the Information tab, click .
- At the top, click Add Family.
- Select New family, and click Add.
- Enter a family ID if one is not automatically assigned based on your settings. To view available numbers, click Avail?.
- Enter the family name. Depending on your user preferences, the Family Name dialog box automatically displays. You can also click the ellipsis icon (...) to open the dialog box. After entering the name information, click Apply/OK.
- If possible matching families are found in archived data or shared Office files, they display in a grid. Click Use Selected Name from the List to use the existing record, or click Add as New Family to continue adding the new record.Note: If you don't want to use an existing family or add the new record, you can click the X in the top-right corner to go back to the Families window.
- If you selected a matching name from the list, a grid with family members displays. Click Use Marked Members to add records for the selected members.
- Enter any other family information you want in the record, and click Save.