Change the Case of Information
CAUTION: This process alters data. We recommend backing up your data before proceeding.
You can change all or some of the words in your data to upper and lower case letters or to all upper case letters.
Note: These do not change when you run this process:
- State abbreviations in the City/State Names keyword list and in all address fields. For example, AZ is not changed to Az.
- The Country Code, such as USA, in the City/State Names keyword list.
- The AM and PM associated with the time of day.
- The abbreviation RE for Religious Education.
Keep in mind:
- Depending on the size of your database and the number of fields you're changing, this process may take a while to complete.
- Changes you make in this process apply to all programs sharing data.
Each tab in this process corresponds to the type of data you can change. You can change the case of all your data or just certain fields.
- On the File menu, click .
- To change the case for all fields on all tabs, click Mark All Tabs. If needed, clear the checkbox for any fields you don't want to change.
- To change the case of only certain fields, click Clear All Tabs, and select the fields you want to change on each tab.
- Review all selected tabs and fields.
- Depending on the case you want, click either Upper & Lower or Upper Case.
- Click Yes to confirm your change.
- When the process is complete, click OK.