Move Family Information to Another Field
With this process, you can move information from one field to another. For example, if someone mistakenly entered the mailing addresses in the alternate address fields, you can move the alternate address fields (Address1, Address2, City, State, ZIP) to the mailing address fields.
- On the Information tab, click .
- Select whether to move fields for all families or only those you select. To select families, add conditions to filter the list. When you're finished, click Next.Note:
For help with conditions, see the Additional Selections section in the topic, Report Selections.
- Select the source field you want to move. In the example, this is the alternate address.
- To remove the original data, select Blank Out <Source Field>.Note: If you don't select this, the field retains the original value, and a copy of it is placed in the destination field.
- If you move a memo field (a text box, such as comments), select whether to move the entire field or only a specific line of the field.
- Select the field you want to move the source to. In the example, this is the mailing address.
- If you move the source to a memo field (a text box, such as comments), select whether to overwrite the data or append it to the end.
- To move the data, click Move Fields.
- Click Preview to view the moved data.