Test the Program
You can verify that your data files are in good shape. Program and data files can develop discrepancies as a result of improper system shutdown, operating system failure, hard drive failure, computer virus infection, network failure, or other computer complications. To minimize this risk, back up your data regularly.
- On the File menu, click .A dialog box displays stating what parts of the program were tested.
- If problems were found, you can resolve them. Click Close, and exit the program.CAUTION:
All other users must exit the program before you continue.
- Use the Microsoft® Check Disk utility to check your computer's hard drive for errors.Warning: If hard drive errors are found, immediately contact your computer technician. Otherwise, continue to the next step.
- Make a backup of your data to new storage media.
- Reinstall the most recent version of the program.
- After the program is reinstalled, open it and test it again.
Once the Test the Program process passes without errors, run the Fix Data Discrepancies process to verify that your data is correct.