Reorder ID and Envelope Numbers
- On the Information tab, click .
- Select how to reorder your IDs, then click Next.
- Reorder by Family Name—Order ID/envelope numbers based on the alphabetical list of family names. The first family in the list is assigned the lowest ID/envelope number.
- Reorder by ID/Env Number—Order based on the current ID/envelope numbers. The first family in the list is assigned the lowest ID/envelope number starting with the new value.
- Select which families/members you want to reorder. Enter the new starting ID and the value to increase each of the next IDs by. For example, if you enter 10 and increase by 5, the next ID is 15. When you're done, click Next.
Note: This process can't assign non-numeric values, leading zeros, or decimal values to the ID/envelope number.
- Children ID/Env Numbers—Member records with the type Child or Young Adult are renumbered. The program doesn't check the Relationship field in the member's record.
- All Other Members ID/Env—Member records with the type Head, Spouse, Adult, or Other are renumbered. The program doesn't check the Relationship field.
- Make selections to build your list of records to process, then click Next.Note:
For help with conditions, see the Additional Selections section in the topic, Report Selections.
- Review your list. If needed, add or edit the new ID. When you're ready to update the selected records, click Next.
- To post the new ID/envelope numbers, click Finish.