Print 1099s for Employees
- Under Employment Information, they should have a W-4 Filing Status of Contract, 1099.
- In the Employer window, verify your organization name, address, phone, fax, email address, and all tax ID numbers. This information will either print on the 1099 or 1096 summary.
- Run the Test Totals report and correct any mistakes.
Remember, you have the option to electronically file your forms rather than printing.
- On the Transactions tab, click .
- On the Tax Forms tab, click Set Up and Print 1096 & 1099s.
- Select the options you want.
- Print All Contract Employees—Print 1099s for all contract employees.
- Print Selected Employee—Print a 1099 for a selected employee.
- Print Contract Employees Making # Or More—Print a 1099 for employees who have made over a certain amount.
- 1099-NEC Layout Style—For more information, see Set the Form Layout.
- How Many Separate Runs Must Be Made—Enter how many copies of the 1099 you want to print.
- 1096 Layout Style—For more information, see Set the Form Layout.
- Click Print 1099s.
- Place the 1099 forms in the printer, then click OK.
- Preview and print the forms.
- The 1096 Transmittal Summary form prints after the 1099s. Place the blank form in the printer, then click OK.
- Preview and print the form.
- When you're finished, click Close.