Merge or Delete Accounts
You can merge one account with another, which is beneficial if you have similar accounts and want to merge the details of both into one.
- Another account type. For example, you cannot merge assets into liabilities.
- Master accounts.
- Retained earnings accounts.
This process transfers all records from the original account into the merged account. It then updates all references to the previous account name, including transactions and monthly totals of actuals and budgets. It also updates information on reports such as balance sheets and income statements, even for closed periods. Once the process completes, the original account is deleted.
You can also delete accounts you no longer need.
- On the File menu, click .
- Locate the account you want to merge or delete.
- In the Merge Into This Account column, select the account that you want to merge into. Or, select Delete the Account.Note: You cannot delete accounts that have transactions.
- Click Begin Process.
- When the process is complete, click OK.