Test Paycheck Totals
You can print a report that compares the totals from the paychecks with totals in the QTD & YTD Totals window. It also prints any vital information missing from the employee's Personal Information window.
- On the Transactions tab, click End of Period.
- In the navigation pane, click Payroll End of Quarter or Payroll End of Year.
- Select Show More Details to print detailed information about the totals.
- Select Allow Recalculation of Totals to recalculate the QTD & YTD totals based on the paychecks.
- Click Test Totals.
- Preview or print the report.
If the totals match:
All of the paychecks are accounted for and the QTD & YTD totals are correct. You can process the end-of-quarter reports.
If the totals do not match:
Verify which set of totals is correct. The quarterly reports use the QTD & YTD totals. If the QTD totals are correct, process the reports. If the paycheck totals are correct but the QTD totals are not, change the QTD totals to match the paycheck totals, and process the reports.