Update Member Information in Parish Life
If you make major changes to member data or add new members in PDS, you can update the information that displays in Parish Life.
You can upload other information during this process, but this procedure focuses on updating the member information.
- On the Information tab, click Parish Life.
- Select Upload Member Information, and click Next.
- Select Upload Changes and Upload Members. You can clear any other options you don't want to upload right now. Click Next.
- If there is new or updated data from Parish Life, the member changes display. You can verify the changes during this process, or select Skip For Now to hold these changes until the next time you upload or synchronize member data. For steps, see Verify Changes from Parish Life.
- When you're ready to make the selected changes or skip the selected records, click Sync.
- Select which records you want to build a list of members, then click Next.
- Review your list. If needed, clear the checkbox beside a name to remove the member from the upload. Click Next.Note: These members' names will display in the Parish Directory within Parish Life. Make sure you adhere to your parish's policy on sharing this information. We recommend that you have your parishioners' permission to share their name in the Parish Directory.
- If needed, edit your parish contact information.
- When you're ready, click Upload.
Member information displays in Parish Life. Each member will see all of their own details. Other parishioners will only see member names in the Parish Directory until each member shares their contact information.
In Church Office, the Parish Life checkbox on the family or personnel record is automatically selected for those you uploaded. This helps you quickly see whose information has been uploaded. You can also use this checkbox in additional selections for reports.
If members add or update their information, you can verify changes to pull into PDS.