Create a Memorial for a Deceased Member
Before creating memorials, you must define a sacrament as "Memorial".
You can enter memorial information for members of your parish.
- On the Information tab, click Members. Locate the appropriate record, then click Memorial.
- Click Yes to mark the member as inactive/deceased.
- Make any necessary changes to records.
- For the deceased member, enter the deceased date, and select any other changes you want to make.
- For the survivor, select any changes you want to make.
- For the family, select any changes you want to make.
- Click Save.
- If this is the last member in the family, you can stop sending mail. Click Yes to mark the Send No Mail option on the family's Primary Information window.
- A dialog box displays for the memorial. Enter the information for the deceased and next of kin, along with any necessary notes, then click Next.
- Enter the memorial fund information, and add any donors who contribute to the fund. Click Next.
- Proceed through the next windows to print the Thank You and Next of Kin letters, labels, and/or envelopes. After you print, click Next.
- Select whether you want to print the information you're posting. If you want to export memorial fund information, enter the file path.
- To post the memorial information, click Finish.
The information is posted to the member's record as well as the sacramental register (if it's set up).
Next of Kin information displays on the Contacts tab, and the funeral information displays in the General Notes field above any other remarks.