Getting Started Checklist
Want to start using your program right away? Use the Getting Started Checklist to track areas to set up before using the program.
On the Home Screen, click Getting Started Checklist to display the checklist. To show or hide this button, click the gear icon . On the Home Screen tab, select or clear Show the Getting Started Checklist Button.
If you want to learn more about getting around in your program, read the rest of the Getting Started section, then come back to the checklist later.
For a checklist of tasks to help you get started with the Payroll portion of the program, see the Payroll Getting Started Checklist.
Once the program is installed, do the following:
- Configure Initial Setup Options — See Set Initial Program Options.
- Configure Account Number Formatting — See Set Up Account Number Formats and Codes.
- Add Codes and Names for All Applicable Account Name Parts — See Set Up Account Number Formats and Codes.
- Configure License Information — See License and Registration Information.
- Set up User IDs and Credentials — See Users and Passwords.
- Configure Keywords — See Keywords.
- Configure Check Layout — See Set the Check Layout.
- Enter a Chart of Accounts — See Chart of Accounts.
- Verify the Chart of Accounts — See Verify Your Chart of Accounts.
- Enter Beginning Balances — See View Basic Account Information.
- Run the Original Balances report — On the Reports tab, click COA Reports. Expand Accounting Reports, and click Original Balances. See Print a Report for what to do next.
- COA Protection Options... — See Set Initial Program Options.
- Show the Getting Started Checklist Button on the Home Screen — Select or clear this to show/hide the Getting Started Checklist button on the Home Screen.