Add a Fund using the Add Fund Assistant
Add a new fund when you have a new major contribution over a long period of time or over several short fund periods. We recommend using the Add Fund Assistant to ensure your fund is set up correctly.
- On the Administration tab, click Fund Setup.
- At the top, click Add Fund.
- Click Yes to use the Add Fund Assistant.
- Select the type of fund you want to add. The assistant guides you through each step for the option you select. This includes things like:
- Selecting an identifier for your fund.
- Giving your new fund a name.
- Setting the fund period.
- Selecting when payments and charges come due, if needed.
- Entering activity names (whether you create them or use our template).
- Selecting miscellaneous activities to record, if needed.
- Defining values used for the fund, if needed.
- Click Next, and follow the steps to set up your fund.
- If you use a template to enter activity names, see the Fund Field Information for more on predefined groups. When you're finished, click Use/OK.
- Otherwise, if you create your own activities list, click Next and select the options you want. When you're finished, click Finish, and click Yes to create the fund.
- If you want to increase pledges to match payments, select the option. For details on this, see the Fund Field Information.
- When you're ready to assign the fund period to all families in your program, click Add to Fams.
- Make sure you give users the appropriate access to this fund, if needed, under .