Import Events from a File
- This is not a scheduling process, and it does not check for conflicting events on your schedule.
- This process does check for duplicate events and will not post an event with the same date, time, organization, and facility.
- We strongly recommend that you include field names/headers in your file. This makes it easier to identify and select corresponding field values.
- All other users must exit the program before you import data.
With this process, you can import event information that's saved in a .csv or .txt file. This is especially helpful if you're moving to PDS from another product.
- On the File menu, click .
- Enter or browse to the location where your import file is saved. Once selected, your file information displays.
- If your file has field names or a header, select the checkbox. Click Next.Note: We strongly recommend that your file include field names/headers so it's easier to select corresponding field values.
- For each piece of event information, select the corresponding value from your file. If you don't have a value for a field, select (Do Nothing).
- Review your selections, then click Next.
- To check your file, click Pre-Import Data Check. Review the information to make sure your values are corresponding to the correct fields.
- If the pre-import data check is correct, click Begin Import.
- When the import completes, click OK.
- The summary shows if any errors occurred and the number of events that were added from your file. Click Finish.