Payroll Getting Started Checklist
For a checklist of tasks to help you get started with the Ledger portion of the program, see the Ledger Getting Started Checklist.
- In the Initial Setup window, on the Payroll tab, select the Current Payroll Year and Current Payroll Quarter. If applicable, select Clergy Wages Charged SUTA Tax, and select whether you use direct deposit and/or track hours for salaried employees.
- Grant payroll access and privileges to the appropriate users.
- In the Chart of Accounts window, add liability and expense accounts as needed to keep track of wages, benefits, allowances, and taxes for each department.
- Add keywords. For more information, see Keywords.
- In the Employer window, add yourself as an employer and enter employer details.
- Set up federal, state, and local tax tables.
- In the Employee window, add employees.
- Configure the layout of your paychecks, W-2s, W-3s, 1099s, and 1096s.