You can view up to eight years of budget information for your income and expense accounts. On the Other Information tab, click .
The window is not available for heading or balance sheet accounts. You can activate or deactivate the Budget window in the Initial Setup window.
- When you enter monthly budget amounts, the amounts are totaled by quarters and year.
- When you enter quarterly amounts, the amounts are divided among months.
- When you enter yearly amounts, the amounts are divided between quarters and months.
You can establish a budget based on your existing budget or actual totals, and you can increase your income or expenses by a fixed percentage. Create a budget for one account or for a small batch of accounts.
If you use master/subaccounts, you must enter the budgets in the subaccounts. When you verify the COA, amounts calculate and totals display in the master accounts.
- On the File menu, click .
- Select the account(s) that you want to calculate a budget for.
- Select the year that you want to calculate the budget for.
- For The budget for the selected accounts and period is, select the appropriate options.
- For Percentage more or less than the specified period, enter the amount.Note:
Budgets can be based on current figures or you can increase them by a percentage.
To use a different percentage for your income and expense accounts, run this process multiple times, selecting only the accounts you want. To decrease the budgeted amount, enter a negative percentage.
- Click Calculate a New Budget for the Selected Accounts.
- On the Details for Account tab, you can edit the details of the budget for the selected account.
- To commit budget figures to the Chart of Accounts Budget window, click Save the Budget.