Track Tax Information
You can track tax information for each vendor.
Vendors fill out a W-9 to indicate what their tax ID number is, whether they're exempt from federal taxes, and if they should receive a 1099 form. To determine whether a vendor should receive a 1099, view the IRS instructions for 1099s.
- On the Other Information tab, click .
- Enter or select any applicable details.
- Date a W-9 was Sent—Enter the date the W-9 was sent to the vendor.
- Vendor has a W-9 on file—Select if you have received the W-9 back from the vendor.
- Taxpayer ID Number—Enter the taxpayer ID number on the completed W-9.
- Vendor Receives a 1099—Select if you send a 1099-MISC or 1099-NEC form to the vendor at year end showing the total you paid.
- Type of Organization—Select which type this vendor identifies as. If they are an individual/sole proprietor, you can enter a DBA (Doing Business As) name, if applicable.
- At the top, click Save.