Post Payments and Donations
With this quick posting, you can create a new batch to post. Or, if you previously created a batch but didn't post it, you can return to it.Important Reminders:
- A fund must have a fund identifier, fund name, and fund period.
- Before you can post information to a fund, it must have at least one group and activity.
- You can use this quick posting to add the fund to a donor record, eliminating the need to return to the donor's fund before a payment can be posted.
- If a donor record hasn't been added, you can add it during this quick posting.
- With the flexible date feature, you can post entries outside of a fund's date range. So, you can post payments (with the actual date paid) to a pledge drive before it begins or after it ends.
- When you begin the quick posting, a batch number is assigned to the list of entries and posted to each donor's Rates/History/Keywds window.
- On the Diocese tab, click .
- If there are unfinished batches, select the one you want and click Use Existing Batch. Or, click Add New Batch.
- When you add a new batch, the Quick Posting Options dialog box displays. Select options for your posting, and click Use/OK.
- In the grid, enter or select the fund and payment information.Note:
- Non-cash donations usually don't have a dollar value. You can enter 0 for the amount, and describe the item in the Comment field.
- In the optional Check # Cash field, you can enter the check number or payment method (up to 10 characters). For example, if a payment was made with cash, enter "CASH", or if it was paid by credit card, you can enter "MC", "Visa", or any description you want.
- Donors who had insufficient funds in the past display in pink text. To avoid bank fees, ensure these donors have sufficient funds before posting.
- To include a payment/donation for another donor, click Insert Line. Repeat this for each donor you want to update. When you're done, click Save.Tip: If you have a large number of entries and need to correct one, click Filter to find it.
- To post, click Post to Donors/Members. Or, to save the batch and post later, click Finish Later.
Payments and Donations Additional Information
- Quick Posting Window
This window contains a grid that displays fund payment/donation information for donors. The batch number is assigned and posted to the bottom grid of the Rates/History/Keywds window.
Under the donor's information above the grid, you have options to add or change rates and keywords, view their giving history, or edit their information and view members.Once you build your batch, you can filter or search the information in the grid by clicking Filter/Search.
- Filter the List–Use the filter to see only the results you want in the list. Clear the filter to see all the transactions in the batch again.
- Search in the List–Use this option to "jump" to a certain transaction. You'll continue to see the entire batch, but your cursor moves to the transaction you're looking for. If multiple transactions match your search, this works like the filter and only shows those results in the list.
To change the option fields for a batch at any time during the quick posting, in the Quick Posting window, click Options.Note: You can resize and reorder the grid columns by clicking the column heading and dragging and dropping it in the new location.
- Quick Posting Options
Use this dialog box to select information that you want to repeat automatically for each payment/donation. You can also automatically post check numbers, comments, and the parish for all entries. Additionally, you can export the totals to PDS Ledger or QuickBooks.
To open this dialog box during the quick posting, in the Quick Posting window, click Options.
- Quick Posting Batches
If you save your batch and return to the quick posting at a later time, your existing batches display in this dialog box. You can continue the quick posting with an existing batch, create a new batch to use, or delete a batch.