Track Volunteer Hours
Some families donate time by volunteering, but this isn't the same as a non-cash contribution because time isn't a tangible object. For those funds where families donate time, you can create a group called "Volunteer Hours".
Like a pledge or fee group, it has a charge, payment, and balance, but it also has specialized activity types, including Hours Pledged, Hours Completed, and Hours Remaining.
- On the Families tab, click .
- Locate the appropriate record.
- For the recurring act, select Hours Pledged.
- Select the terms you want. Then, either enter a rate (the number of hours the family volunteers per term), or enter a total (the total number of hours the family volunteers).Note: Even though a dollar sign automatically displays when you enter a rate or total, you can treat these fields as units of time.
- As the family completes their hours each term, post an entry with the activity of Completed Hours.The Recap/Totals window displays the Hours Remaining. Under Totals Through Today, the paid amount is zero, indicating that these are hours, not dollars.