Public and Private Reminders
You can set up reminders that display when you open the program. These can be public for all users or private to you if users are set up in the program.
On the Home Screen, click Show Reminders to view the list. Click Manage This List to add, edit, delete, and mark reminders complete.
Password Protecting Reminders
If you don't have users set up in the program, anyone with access to the program can add, edit, and delete public reminders.
- "All" access allows the user to add, edit, and delete public reminders.
- "View" allows them only to see the public reminders.
- If "None" is selected, the user will not be able to see any public reminders.
Anyone can add, edit, and delete their own private reminders, and these don't display for any other users.
Once you're finished with a reminder, select Completed. You'll see "Completed" next to it until the last day of the reminder. After that, it's removed from the list.
Reminders are also removed from the list one month after the last day you set, whether or not you mark them completed.
Reminders Field Information
- Manage This List
- Only users with certain access privileges will see this button.
- Completed Select to mark a reminder as completed. "Completed" will display next to the reminder until the last day; then, it's removed from the list.
- Display Date
- This date controls what displays for the reminder in the list. For example, if the reminder is of an event, this date should be the date that the event is actually happening. If the display date is yesterday's date, the list displays "<Reminder> is yesterday." If the display date is today, it says "<Reminder> is today." If it's a future date, it displays "<Reminder> is <#> days away."
- Reminder Name
- Enter a short name for the reminder, up to 50 characters. On the display date you set, the reminder will display like this: "<Reminder Name> is today." So if you enter a Reminder Name of "Fr. John's birthday", it displays as "Fr. John's birthday is today."
- Enter any additional information needed for the reminder. You have a lot of room here, so enter as much as you'd like. Note that this description displays beneath your Reminder Name in the list.
- First Day of Reminder
- Reminders will start showing up on your list starting on this date. It can be the same as the display date or a date before that. For example, in the case of an event reminder, you may want to start seeing the reminder ahead of actual event.
- Last Day of Reminder
- Reminders are removed from the list one month after this date. This can be the same as the display date or a date after that.