Locate a Record in the Diocesan Directory
In the Diocesan Directory, you can view all of your institution records divided into three major categories: Diocesan Offices/Dept/Org, Parishes/Facilities, and Groups/Businesses. The directory pulls records from those three program sections. You can also view the personnel/contacts associated with each institution.
- On the Diocese tab, click .
- If you know the name or ID number of the institution, click Quick Lookup. Otherwise, expand the categories and browse the list of records.
- If you don't find the record you want, click Refresh to update the directory with any new records added in one of the three program sections.
- When you locate the record, select it to display a summary in the right side of the window.Tip: By default, a record's type determines its subcategory in the Diocesan Directory. You can change a record's position in the directory by changing its category, type, or Also Show Under value.
- You can view or update the record's details.
Diocesan Directory Field Information
- Defaults to the category selected when the institution record was created.
- Defaults to the type selected when the institution record was created.
- Also Show Under
- Nest institutions under each other. For example, you can display a mission under its parent parish.
- Load Institution
- View the record for the selected institution.
- Load Roster
- View a list of all personnel assigned to or associated with the selected institution in the All Personnel window.
- Load Personnel
- View the record for the selected personnel.
- Quick Lookup
- Search for an existing record within the Diocesan Directory. If you search for a record using a partial name, for example, the lookup tool displays a list of all matching records for you to select from.