Set Up a Loose Collection
You can record cash contributions that can't be attributed to a particular record. Add a family or institution record called "[Loose" and then open funds for that record as needed. This makes it possible to track the total loose collection on a regular basis.
- Click either Families on the Families tab or Parishes & Facilities on the Parishes & Facilities tab.
- At the top, click Add <record>.
- In the ID field, enter [Loose.
- In the name field, enter [Loose.Note: The left square bracket and the term "Loose" are required. This naming makes it the last record in your list when ordered by ID or name.
- At the top, click Save.
- You can include the loose collection record when printing family and financial reports.
- You can post amounts to the loose collection using a quick posting or by posting it directly in the Rates/History/Keywds window.
- In the quick posting and financial total reports, amounts posted to the loose collection record are totaled separately and printed after the family totals.
- If you want to track the loose contributions for multiple services, you can set up special activities within the fund that can be used to identify each service.