Send Predefined Reports
Make sure you've set up your email server. On the File menu, click .
There are several ways to send documents to recipients, depending on your needs. If the document you need to send is a predefined PDS report, you can email it to one or more people. One example is the Quick Communication Permission Form.
- In the Reports window, locate the document that fits your needs, and proceed through the Reports wizard.
- When selecting the families or individuals to include, on the Selection Information tab, select Email the Letter If.
- To send to only those whose email address is marked as Pref., select Preferred is Checked.
- To send to those who have an email address entered in their record, select Has an Email Addr.
- To send the document to all email addresses listed on the record, select Send to Multiple Emails.
- Click Preview. If any records are missing email addresses, the document will be printed instead. Click OK. If needed, click Next in the preview window.
- Complete the information on the Email Message tab.
- In the From field, enter the name you want the recipient to see when they receive the email, such as "St. Mary's Church" or "Father Lawrence".
- Enter the From Email Address that displays as where the email is being sent from. This is usually your email address.
- If you want recipient replies to be directed to a different address, enter a Reply Email Address. For example, you may want completed forms to be returned to your office administrator. Otherwise, you can enter the same email as the From Email Address.
- Edit the subject line, if needed.
- To include additional attachments, click Add File, at the bottom, select the attachment you want to send, and click Open.
- Select the type of email you want to send based on your needs. For more on these options, see Email Letters and Statements.Tip: If the document you're sending is the form that needs to be filled out, we recommend selecting Email as PDF document attachment. That way, recipients can use the Fill & Sign feature in Adobe Acrobat Reader to digitally fill out the form and return it to you. Or, they can easily print it, fill it out, and scan a copy to return to you.
- Enter a message to briefly explain the reason for this email. Don't forget to mention any attachments and instruct the recipient on how to return the completed copy back to you.
- When you're ready, click Start Email.