Add a Receivable
Receivables are income items that you expect to receive from an income source for a service or job completed. Receivables can also include income received on a regular basis, such as interest income. A receivable is the transaction you record when you anticipate receiving money.
In the Receivables window, you can add a batch of one or more receivables.
- On the Transactions tab, click .
- At the top, click Add Batch.
- Enter information in the fields.
- Batch Date—By default, the date is set to the current fiscal month. You can change the batch date to any month that hasn't been closed.
- Recv. Amount—If you use accrual basis accounting, select the receivables account that this batch of receivables is entered for. This field doesn't display if you use cash basis accounting.
- Reference—This number is filled in automatically using the current batch number followed by the number of this receivable within the batch.
- Date—When the receivable was created. By default, this is the date closest to the current date that's within the batch month.
- Source—Enter the income source name. Click the ellipses button to view the Income Sources window.
- Amount—Enter the amount you expect to receive from the income source. If this is a recurring receivable, enter the recurring amount.
- Add Documents—Upload additional documents that support the receivable. For more information, see Add Documents.
- In the grid, enter how to distribute this receivable. If the income source or any account numbers have an automatic distribution set up, you can use the distribution.Note: The receivable cannot be saved until the amount remaining is $0.00.
- Click Save to enter the current receivable, or click Add Receivable to save the current one and begin adding another.