Create a One-Time or Bonus Check
You can create a one-time check when you need to pay employees for something other than salary, like longevity or performance bonuses.
One-time or bonus checks are added using the Print Paychecks process. This procedure describes the part of the process where you create it.
- On the Transactions tab, click .
- Enter the paycheck setup information and the appropriate check date. Select which pay periods to use, set the date range to the check date, then click Next.
- Click Pay next to the employee you want to add the check for. If needed, click Yes to create a new check.
- If the employee is hourly, the Gross Calculation dialog box displays.
- If you're paying the one-time or bonus check along with regular employee pay, enter the total number of hours worked, then click Apply/OK.
- If you're only paying the one-time or bonus check amount, enter 0 hours, then click Apply/OK.
- Select the check you want to modify (the one you just created), and click Edit Paycheck Details.
- At the top, select the payment method, and clear the Vacation and Sick accrual options.
- Click Insert, and select the account number. If this is a bonus check, select the type Bonus, and enter the fixed amount.
- For any unnecessary line times in the grid (such as salary, health insurance, and 401(K)), select it and click Line Delete.
- Edit any other information as needed.Note: Click View Actuals to see the dollar amounts of the check.
- When you finish making changes to the paycheck, click Save.
After you create a one-time or bonus check, you can continue the Print Paychecks process.