Import Sacramental Register Information
You can run this process independent of the family and member import processes.
How this process works: Once you identify the .csv file, you will match the values in that file with your PDS Office program fields. There are a few required fields, but other than that, you only have to enter information for the data you want to import into your program. No data is imported until you click Begin Import on the final tab. Your selections are automatically saved on each tab, so you can come back to this process at another time if needed.
You can use the Import Sacramental Register Information process to import one or more .csv files with existing sacrament data for non-members or members who no longer attend.
- On the File menu, click .
- The backup dialog box displays if you haven't performed a daily backup.CAUTION: This process alters data. We recommend backing up your data before proceeding.
- The Add Information to Sacramental Registers for Non-Members dialog box displays. On the File Information tab, click Browse to locate the .csv file. After you select a file and click Open, your data displays.Note: We strongly recommend that you include field names/headers so it's easier to select the corresponding value from the drop-down lists on other tabs.
- If you have multiple sacraments in a record, select the option at the bottom. Click Next.
- On the Baptism tab, select the appropriate values from the drop-down lists. Select any information in the tabs at the bottom.
- Each Sac tab represents a different sacrament. On each tab, select a sacrament and its appropriate values.
- On the final tab, before you import your data, click Pre-Import Data Check. This creates a file called "PreImportSacrReport.txt" in the program's data folder.
- Scroll through the items you're going to import to see if you need to make any adjustments.
- When you're ready to import the data into your PDS Office program, click Begin Import.
- Once the import is complete, a summary displays. This creates a file named "SacImportReport.txt" in the program's data folder.
- When you're done, click Finish.
You can also import sacrament information for members.