Import Enrollment Information
Your import file should identify each student as well as the class/session you want to enroll them in. You will be able to choose the year/period for the classes/sessions.
To use this process, all students must have existing records in PDS, and all classes/sessions must be defined on the Class Schedules window. If the student or class/session isn't set up, the information won't be imported.
You can run this process independent of the family and member import processes. The information will be matched by name, gender, and birth date.
How this process works: Once you identify the .csv file, you will match the values in that file with your PDS Office program fields. There are a few required fields, but other than that, you only have to enter information for the data you want to import into your program. No data is imported until you click Finish on the Process tab. Your selections are automatically saved on each tab, so you can come back to this process at another time if needed.
Use the Import Enrollment Information process to import existing enrollment data from a .csv file into your PDS Office program. You can import enrollment information for more than one .csv file.
- On the File menu, click .
- The backup dialog box displays if you haven't performed a daily backup.CAUTION: This process alters data. We recommend backing up your data before proceeding.
- The Import Enrollment Information dialog box displays. On the File Information tab, click Browse to locate the .csv file. After you select a file and click Open, your data displays.Note: We strongly recommend that you include field names/headers so it's easier to select the corresponding value from the drop-down lists on other tabs.
- On the Matching tab, select the appropriate values from the drop-down lists. For example, if the first column of your table is labeled "Last" and you want that value to be the last name, then in the Last Name drop-down list, select Last.
- At the bottom of the Matching tab, select the Year/Period you want to import the enrollment information for.
- On the Class/Session tab, select the appropriate values from the drop-down lists.
- If you're importing student remarks from your file, you can select whether to:
Add to existing Remarks—Keep the current remarks in the record and add the new remarks from your file to the end of the field.
Replace current remarks with this content—Remove the current remarks and replace them with the new remarks from your file; if there are no remarks in your file, leave the existing remarks alone.
Replace current remarks OR delete current remarks—Remove the current remarks and replace them with the new remarks from your file; if there are no remarks in your file, delete the existing remarks.
- On the User Keywords tab, select the appropriate values from the drop-down lists.
- On the final tab, review the information from your file and the matching records in PDS. Scroll through the items you're going to import to see if you need to make any adjustments.
- When you're ready to import the data into your PDS Office program, click Finish.
- Once the import is complete, click Yes if you want to print the information that was imported.
- To close the import window, click OK.