Import Pledge Information
To use this process, you must first import your family data and member data.
Before you import pledge information, make sure your file contains a value that connects the pledge information to the family or member. This is the value you selected during the Family and Member Import processes for the Family/Member Key or ID/Env Number fields.
We recommend that you import the records in each .csv file to a single fund. However, if this isn't possible, you can run the process multiple times using the same .csv file, but select a different fund each time you run the process. If you run the process multiple times, the records that don't match the activities in the selected fund are not posted. This information is recorded in the Pre-Import and Import logs.
How this process works: Once you identify the .csv file, you will match the values in that file with your PDS Office program fields. There are a few required fields, but other than that, you only have to enter information for the data you want to import into your program. No data is imported until you click Begin Import on the final tab. Your selections are automatically saved on each tab, so you can come back to this process at another time if needed.
You can use the Import Pledge Information process to import existing pledge data (including terms and rates) from a .csv file into your PDS Office program.
- On the File menu, click .
- The backup dialog box displays if you haven't performed a daily backup.CAUTION: This process alters data. We recommend backing up your data before proceeding.
- The Create Pledge Records dialog box displays. On the File Information tab, click Browse to locate the .csv file. After you select a file and click Open, your data displays.Note: We strongly recommend that you include field names/headers so it's easier to select the corresponding value from the drop-down lists on other tabs.
- On each tab, select the appropriate values from the drop-down lists. For more information about fields on these tabs, refer to the related topic "Pledge Import Field Information".
- On the final tab, before you import your data, click Pre-Import Data Check. This creates a file called "PreImportPledgeReport.txt" in the program's data folder.
- Scroll through the items you're going to import to see if you need to make any adjustments.
- When you're ready to import the data into your PDS Office program, click Begin Import.
- Once the import is complete, a summary displays. This creates a file named "PledgeImportReport.txt" in the program's data folder.
- When you're done, click Finish.