Edit Family Information
- On the Information tab, click .
- Locate the appropriate family.
- To add a picture, click the browse icon under Picture File Name, locate and select the family's digital image file, then click Open.Note:
You can use one of the following file types: .jpg, .jpeg, .bmp, .png, .emf, .wmf, or .ico.
The default path for pictures is \Data\Pictures. Family pictures can be saved in a subdirectory of this folder. If you do that, they're automatically backed up when the program is scheduled for a backup. Because picture files are large, they take up more space on your hard drive than text files.
If backing up large files is a concern, consider creating a directory outside the PDS program folder to store your picture files. Outside of \Data\Pictures, your photos are not automatically backed up, and you must back them up manually.
- To insert a remark, click either the General or Confidential remarks tab, and enter your comments.Tip: You can protect remarks with a password so that only those authorized can view or edit them. On the Administration tab, click Users & Passwords. Under the Families program area, locate Confidential Fam Remarks, and select the security option you want for each user.
- To associate a keyword with the family, click the add icon in the Family Keywords grid. Select a keyword from the drop-down list, or enter a new entry, press Enter, then click Add to the List.
- At the top, click Save.