Roles for Parish Programs
If your diocese has multiple parishes installed on one computer, you can authorize users from those parishes to access all databases. To do this, a role must be set up to identify users and access rights. DioOffice then applies the credentials to all parishes for use.
Before working with roles, you must add a data synchronization password for each parish.
After you add data synchronization passwords for each parish, you can set up and assign roles to users in your DioOffice program.
- On the File menu, click .
- On the Program Options tab, select Enable user roles for attached Parish programs.
- Click Save/OK.
Set Up Roles
Add a security profile (user name and password) to use for all instances of PDS Church Office.
- On the Administration tab, click .Note: This option only displays if you have enabled user roles in the Initial Setup window.
- At the top, click Add Role.
- Enter a role name, and select the program area(s) that users with this role can access.
- At the top, click Save.
If you change a parish role after assigning it to users, come back to this window and click Update Parish Role to push the role to the parishes you've set to use it.
Copy an Existing Role
- On the Administration tab, click .
- Select a role to copy, and click Copy Role.
- Make any necessary changes to the new role.
- Click Save.
Assign Roles to Users
- On the Administration tab, click Users & Passwords.
- Locate the user you want to assign a role to.
- In the navigation pane, click Role in Parish Programs.
- In the grid, for each parish you want the user to view, select a role. To assign a single role to all parishes for this user, click Assign a Role to all Parishes.
- Click Save, then click Update User's Roles.