Set the Default Actions Used in Synchronization
When you run the synchronization process, a list displays with records that have changed since the last update. The default actions you select determine what shows up in the Action to be Taken field for those records.
You can always change these actions in the grid during synchronization, but using a default action saves you the time it would take to select an option from every drop-down in the list.
- On the Parishes & Facilities tab, click .
- For each type of change, select a default action to show up in the list. There are different options for each change:
- Default as Get Data From Parish—Sets all drop-down lists to Get Data From Parish. This pulls the information that the parish has on file and copies it into DioOffice.
- Default as Send Data To Parish—Sets all drop-down lists to Send Data To Parish. The information in your records is sent to the parish so they can sync it into their records.
- Default as Do Nothing—Sets all drop-down lists to Do Nothing. These records are ignored during the sync. No information is changed. Next time you sync, these records show up again.
- Default as Accept the Differences—Sets all drop-down lists to Accept the Differences. This leaves the information in your records and the parish's records as is, even though they don't match. No information is changed, but these records do not show up the next time you sync. This is a way to "agree to disagree".
- Simply Connect to Parish—If a family has a diocesan ID but the parish doesn't have that ID on file, you can send that information to the parish. That way, your files are linked, and any changes can be noted during sync. No other information is changed when you sync using this option. However, those differences (if any) show up next time you sync.
- Name Check Width—The sync tries to find duplicate or misspelled records based on similar family names. You can decide how similar those family names must be before the records are checked for a match. Enter the number of letters in the family name that must match before the sync checks records. The default value is 4 letters.
- Match Level—If a family record is a close match, it can be synced. You can decide how "close" that match has to be before it displays in the list of matches. Enter a number between 1 and 100. You can think of this number as a percentage. The higher the number (such as 90), the closer two records must match (same or very similar name and address) before they are considered a match. The default value is 60. A higher number returns matches that are very close to being the exact same. A lower number returns more matches, but they may not be accurate matches.
- Default as Reassign to Holding Parish—You can select a "holding parish" to keep deleted family records under. That way, if the family joins another parish later, you already have their information on file.
- Default as Delete the Family—If the parish deletes a family record, you can delete it from your DioOffice data.
- Default as Mark Inactive at Parish—If the parish deletes a family record, you can mark it as inactive in DioOffice. You can also skip these so they don't show up in the list of changes by selecting Skip Families Already Marked as Inactive at Parish. By default, families to be marked as inactive have the Left Parish date set to today's date. If you don't want DioOffice to set it, clear If 'Left Parish' Date is Blank, Set it to Today.
- Click Save.