Schedule a Report
After you allow the program access, set up which report(s) to run and which selections to use. You can schedule up to 10 reports to run each day.
- On the Reports tab, click Schedule Reports.
- Click Add.
- Enter or select the date you want the report to run.
- Select the type of report then the report name.
- Click Edit the Report Setup and Selection. Proceed through each window, and make any necessary selections. When you're done, click Save Report Setup.
- Click the browse icon , and select where to save the report once it completes. Enter a file name, select the file type you want, and click Save.Note: You must save the file in a location that is accessible to the program after hours. To ensure this, we recommend using the SchedRep folder located in your program folder. When you click the browse icon, this folder is selected by default.Tip: Make sure the file type you use to save your report makes sense for your purposes. For example, if you're scheduling an export report that you plan to open and work with in a spreadsheet application, you'd want to select the .csv file type. If you're scheduling a letter report that you plan to print and send out, the .pdf file type may work best.
- Select Add the Date (YYYY-MM-DD) to the filename if you want to include the date. This is helpful for reports you plan to repeat, so you can differentiate between them.
- If you want to send an email notification when the report is finished, enter an email address for Send Email to. To email multiple people, separate each address with a comma. For From Email, enter the address that should display as the "reply" email.
- If you send an email notification, select whether to attach the report file itself to the email. This is useful if you're sending the notification to people who need to see the report information but don't have access to PDS.
- To repeat the same report with the same selections at later intervals, select an option from the Repeat drop-down list.
- Click Save.Note: If the scheduled run still displays in red after saving, make sure you have set up all the necessary selections. For example, financial reports require you to select which funds to print. Click Edit the Report Setup and Selection to check your selections.
Your report will run on the day you scheduled it, at the time you set in your task scheduler. Once it runs, the report displays in blue and the Completed checkbox displays in the Schedule Reports window.
To see the report itself, click View File. To open the folder where the report is saved, click Open Folder.