Check for Duplicate Families Across the Diocese
With this process, you can search for duplicate family entries using name and street address.
- On the Families tab, click .
- If you've run this before and want to use that list, select Use the List of Duplicates from the last time this process was run and click Next.
- If you want to start over, select Build a new List of Duplicates.
- Make selections to build your list of records to process, then click Next.Note: If you want to merge duplicate families for the churches, select Include Merge in the list of Actions. You can select which families to merge in a later step.
- Once the list is built, the duplicate family details display. If needed, print this list. Click Next.
- Make selections to build your list of records to process, then click Next.
- For each possible duplicate, review the matching family information and select an action.
CAUTION: If you select to merge, you may have duplicate email addresses on the family record. Also, this process does not merge member records. You must manage these manually.
- To select the same action for all possible duplicates, click Mark All Lines and select the option you want.
- To select the same action for possible duplicates matching at least 95%, click Mark 95% and Higher and select the option you want.
- To print the matching family information (including date created, "marked as", and parish), click Print List.
- To see only matching families where both records have funds, click Show Only Entries with Funds On Both Columns. This button only displays if possible duplicates have funds attached.
- At any time, you can click Apply Now to process the actions you've selected. This is useful if you have a long list to process.
- When you're finished, click Next.
- Make your final selections, and click Begin Process.
- After processing is complete, click Close.