Email and Text Setup
In order to send emails and text messages from the program, you must set up your providers. On the File menu, click .
Email and Text Setup Field Information
Email Server Setup
You can specify technical information for connecting to your email server. Obtain the required settings from your system administrator or Internet provider.
- Email Server (SMTP)
- SMTP stands for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol. Obtain these settings from your Internet provider's website or system administrator. For Gmail, the SMTP server address is "smtp.gmail.com".
- Email Server Port
- The default setting is 25. Obtain this setting from your Internet provider or system administrator. For Gmail, the server port is "587".
- Server Requires Authentication
- Most servers require authentication. Enter your email account name and password. Select Use TLS (GMail) or Use SSL (AT&T) if you use one of those.Note: If you're using a Gmail account, you must set up an App Password. For steps, see Set Up an App Password for Emailing.
- Server Limits Emails
- Select if your server restricts the number or size of incoming and outgoing email messages.
Note: If you use Gmail to send emails from PDS: Google limits the number of messages and the number of recipients per message you can send through the Gmail SMTP servers. See this Gmail article for details. If you exceed the limit, you may see an error in PDS when attempting to send the emails, such as "Transmission Failed. Error: 4.3.0 Temporary System Problem". If this happens, you can try sending emails in smaller batches over multiple days, as permitted by your Google settings.
- If an Error Occurs, Delay 30 Seconds and Retry Once
- If your email server experiences an error, you can request that the PDS program try to resend after a 30-second delay.
- Disconnect and Reconnect After Every Email
- Select if you want your server to disconnect and reconnect after sending each email.
- Sending Emails from a Record
- Select whether to open your default email program or the simple email dialog when sending email within the program. We recommend that OnDemand users use the simple email option.
Text Message Provider Setup
Here is the information for some text providers. Note that some providers use the same server address. To locate information for other providers, contact the provider.
|Provider Server Address