Reassign a Member
You can reassign an individual to another family, or create a new family record using their information.
- A child goes to live with grandparents, and you need to transfer the child's record to the grandparents' existing family record.
- A young adult graduates, and you want to remove them from their parents' record and start a new family record of their own.
- A person gets married and moves in with their new spouse, and you need to "merge" the records into one family record.
- On the Families tab, click Members & Constituents. Locate the appropriate record, then click Reassign Member.
- Select whether to create a new family record or add the member to an existing family.
- Enter or select the ID/envelope number or family name.
- If needed, select the checkbox to copy addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses from the old family record.
- When you're ready, click Reassign Member.
The "original" record is moved to the family you selected.