Printing the Charitable Contributions Report
You can print the Charitable Contributions Report after entering and posting the last gift entries for the year.
The Charitable Contributions Report prints a detailed list of gifts for each contributor. These statements do not include prepayments made in previous years and are always based on the calendar year. This report prints on a pre-printed form, and you should send it in January as a receipt for contributions made during the previous calendar year.
You can print the Charitable Contributions Report after entering and posting the last gift entries for the year. When printing selected funds on the Charitable Contributions Report, you can select an unlimited number of funds. The statement prints pledge information and fund summaries but does not print funds with amounts of zero. A check number prints in the description box if available. Cash gifts are marked with C, and property gifts are marked with P.
Here are some options that you can select to configure the statement:
- Only contributors with pledges — Includes contributors with pledges who have gifts posted; excludes contributors with gifts posted who do not have pledges.
- Print Fund Summary — Prints pledge summary information on statements.
- Print Pledge Information — Prints a list of pledges for each contributor, the total amount of the pledge, and the pledge balance.
- Print One Contributor — Prints a statement for one contributor only. You can use this to test your report settings and verify the statement includes all information. After verifying the statement information is correct, clear this to print statements for all contributors.
- Under Searches and Reports, click the Reports tab.
- Select Contributions reports in the drop-down list, and click Go .
- In the Reports window, expand Statements, then select the Charitable Contributions Report.
- In the lower sidebar, select the date range you want to print statements for, then click Customize.
- On the Report Options tab, under Entries to Include, select one of the following options: All Entries, Tax Report Names only – All Entries, or Tax Report Names only – Required Entries Only.
- Select any other options, then click Print Report .