Year-End FAQs

Common year-end questions and answers.

How do I submit corrected W-2s?

Note: Requires ACS version or higher.
Form W-2c is used to file corrections made to a previously filed W-2.

On the W-2 c tab, you can electronically file Form W-2c.

To electronically file Form W-2c
  1. Under Generate Reports, click the Period End Reports tab.
  2. In the drop-down list, select Payroll 941 and W2s and click Go .
  3. On the W-2 c tab, select the Report Type in the drop-down list.
  4. Select the Year.
  5. Verify your organization's Federal Tax ID and State Tax ID numbers. If necessary, enter the tax ID numbers.
  6. To electronically file W-2cs for multiple states, select Multiple States. Then, click Tax IDs to enter state tax IDs for the states you want to electronically file.
  7. Optional: If you want to filter employees by departments, select Department, and click Select.
  8. Optional: If you want to filter by specific employees, select Employees, and click Select.
  9. To electronically file Form W-2c, click Tax E-File.

How do I include the State ID on 1099s?

In the Form 1099 setup, we added an option for you to print your state tax ID without withholding state income or state taxes.

How do I submit a 1099 correction?

If you need to correct your 1099s after they've been printed or e-filed from ACS, you can file a Form 1099 correction under the Period End Reports section.

How do I set a vendor to receive a 1099?

Form 1099 reports miscellaneous income paid to independent contractors (nonemployee compensation). If you've paid an independent contractor $600 or more or royalties over $10 during a calendar year, you should file Form 1099 for that vendor. Most churches and organizations file Form 1099 as a part of year-end procedures.

Any vendor with invoices marked as 1099 and paid in the selected tax year receives a 1099. If the vendor is marked as a 1099 vendor during setup, all invoices for that vendor are marked as 1099 purchases unless you clear the 1099 option when entering invoices. For vendors not marked as 1099 vendors, you can mark an invoice as a 1099 purchase when entering invoices.

How do I edit a vendor's 1099 totals?

There are a couple of ways you can do this:

After entering invoices, you can edit a vendor's record to add or clear the 1099 option. Or, you can make 1099 and YTD adjustments.

What can I do if I'm asked to create a new account while tax e-filing?

Maybe your ACS program has been installed on different computers since you e-filed last year. But, this year when you try to tax e-file, you're being prompted to create a new account.

Here's what you can do to avoid having to establish a new account (which would cause you to lose your e-filing history):

  1. Click Create Account.
  2. Enter the email address and password associated with the account as well as your organization's site information.
  3. Click OK.

If you can't remember the password, click Forgot Password? and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with the account.

Do I need to print additional forms if I'm using the 4-part W-2?

Here's the official IRS documentation.

What can I do if my W-2 envelopes aren't lining up with my W-2s?

Purchase your envelopes from our online store, and you'll always have exactly what you need.