Embed Your Google Calendar
If your parish uses Google Calendar to display events for members to view, admins can embed selected calendars in Parish Life.
Members will be able to view the details of all public events on the selected calendars. They can also copy any public events to their Google Calendar.
Public events on your parish calendars are view-only; members will not be able to edit them.
- Log in to your parish's Google account.
- Open Google Calendar.
- Under "My calendars" on the left, locate one of the calendars you want to share with parishioners and personnel.
- Click the options icon beside that calendar, and select Settings and sharing.
- Under Access permissions, select Make available to public.
- Repeat this for all the calendars you want to share.
- Log in to Parish Life using an admin account.
- In the menu, click Admin Settings.
- Locate the Link Google Calendar section.
- If you only have one calendar you want to share, enter the email address of the Google account your parish uses for that calendar.
- If you want to display events from multiple Google calendars, click the information icon , and follow the steps to copy the embed code from Google Calendar. Paste the copied text into the link field.
- To see a preview of the calendar(s), click View.
- Click Save.
The events on the calendar(s) you selected display to members under.