Group communication permissions are determined by your staff and can be reserved for leaders only if necessary. But when group communication is enabled for everyone, members can connect to each other using the group's newsfeed or chat.
When you create content within a group, Realm notifies group members based on their individual notification settings. People who are a part of the group, but do not have a profile, receive an email that includes an invitation to join Realm.
- Newsfeed— Create posts, photos, and events for your group.
- Comments—Respond to a post, event, or other comments.
- Chat—Send your entire group, or select individuals, a chat that starts a conversation in the Chat tab.
- Inbox—Send your entire group, or select individuals, an email or, if texting is enabled, a text message.
- In the top-left corner, click your ministry hub then Connect. Then click Groups.
- Click the name of the group.
- Click next to the name of the group, and select Group Settings.
- In the Communication settings section, select who can use each communication method.
- Click Save.
No one: Disables the communication method for everyone in the group.
Anyone in the group: All group members can use this communication method.
- Group leaders only: Only group leaders can use this communication method.