- In a window with this feature, click Add Documents.
- Select whether you are linking to a Single File or Multiple Files.
- If you add a single file, click the browse icon and select the file that you want to link to. If you add multiple files, you need to create a subfolder to store your documents. See the Documents Field Information for more on these options.Note: You can also click Scan to capture a new image using your scanner. Click Scanners in the Documents dialog box to select your scanner options.
- Click Save/OK.
Documents Field Information
Provides options for how you want to scan and name your documents. You can select one or more of the following options:
- Automatically Assign Unique Filename on Scan—Automatically name the newly scanned document with a unique name. If you don't select this option, you'll be prompted to name it.
- Show Scanner Interface on Scan—Show the properties of your scanner and the scanning progress through your scanner's interface.
- Default File Format on Scan: BMP/JPG—Save your document in the specified file format.
- Choose the Scanner on Scan—Select which scanner to use if you have multiple scanners. If you only have one scanner or always want to use the default, don't select this option.
- Image Processes
Provides options to rotate your image clockwise by 90 degrees, 180 degrees, or 270 degrees.
Provides options to view your image in different modes: Full Page, Full Width, or at a certain percentage.
- Single File
Associates one file with the current record.
- Multiple Files
Copies files to a subfolder associated with the current record.
When you select this option, a message displays prompting you to create a subfolder. Click Yes to create a uniquely named subfolder in your default document path. Click No if you want to select a subfolder or return to the Documents dialog box. If you click No, a second message displays. In the second message, click Yes to select an existing subfolder to store your files in, or click No to return to the Documents dialog box.
Once you have a subfolder, you can add new files and delete stored files.
Uses a scanner connected to your computer to scan a new document into the program. Before scanning in a new document, select your scanner options on Scanners in the Documents dialog box. This is not available in OnDemand.Note: If you're using the single file option and already have a document linked to the current record, a message displays asking if you want to overwrite the existing file. Click Yes to discard your document and use the new file, or click No to return to your current document.
Removes the association between the file and the record.
If you remove a single file, you have the option to delete the original file from your computer. If you delete it, the file is moved to the Recycle Bin on your computer.
If you remove multiple files, the link to the subfolder that contains the files is removed from the program. The subfolder and its contents are still available in the original location on your computer.