Printing Forms W-2
You can print Forms W-2 for year-end.
ACS offers a two-up W-2 Statement and a four-up W-2 Statement. You can use the two-up W-2 Statement to print employer Copy A (federal, red scannable), Copy D (file), and Copy 1 (state/local) forms. You can use the four-up W-2 Statement to print employee Copy B (federal), Copy C (file), and Copy 2 (state/local) on one four-up quadrant-style perforated sheet. You can also print statements on a blank form.
In addition, you can select the number of copies you want to print. Copies refers to the number of Forms W-2 per employee for each set of Forms W-2 you need to print. For example, if you are using laser 2-Up Statements in six parts and your copies are collated by copies A, B, C, and D for each employee, set the number of copies to 6. If your copies are not collated or you are printing two-part forms, leave the number of copies set to 1 and print the Forms W-2 in batches, one batch for each copy that you need. After printing all batches, separate and collate the batches manually by employee.
You can also use the Adjust 2nd W-2 option to increase or decrease the spacing between the first and second Form W-2 on the 2-Up Statements. Increase the spacing to move the printing of the second W-2 down on the page. Decrease the spacing to move the printing of the second W-2 up on the page.
- Under Generate Reports, click the Period End Reports tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Payroll 941, W-2s, and ACA Forms and click Go .
- On the W-2 tab, select the Report Type in the drop-down list.
- 2-up Statement — Prints two employees per page.
- 4-up Statement — Prints one employee per page, on a pre-printed form.
- 4-up Statement Blank Paper — Prints one employee per page, on a blank form.
- Select the Year.
- Verify your organization's Federal Tax ID and State Tax ID numbers. If necessary, enter the tax ID numbers.
- To print W-2s for multiple states, select Multiple States. Then, click Tax IDs to enter state tax IDs for the states you want to print.
- Under Copies, select the number of copies you want to print.Note: If a state without a Tax ID is printed on an employee's W-2, an error message displays and lists the states that are missing tax IDs.
- Optional: To increase or decrease the space between the first and second Form W-2 on a page, enter a number in the Adjust 2nd W-2 field. This option is available with both the 2-up Statement and the 4-up Statement.
- Optional: If you do not want to print a summary page, clear the Print Summary Page? check box.
- Optional: If you want to filter employees by departments, select Department, and click Select.
- Optional: If you want to filter by specific employees, select Employees, and click Select.
- Optional: Under Employee Name Range, use the From and To fields to select which W-2s to print.
- To print for one employee, enter the employee's name in both the From and To fields.
- To start printing forms beginning with a specific employee, enter the employee's name in the From field and leave the To field blank.
- To print for a range of employees, enter the beginning name in the From field and the ending name in the To field.
- To print for all employees, leave both the From and the To fields blank.
- Click OK to continue.
- To preview the form before printing, click Preview. Click Print to send it to the printer without previewing.
- To electronically file Form W-2, click Tax E-File.