Editing Boxes 8, 10, 11, 12, or 14 on Form W-2
You can add adjustments on Form W-2.
On Form W-2, Boxes 8, 10, 11, 12, and 14 contain adjustments or cost centers associated with a W-2 box. However, you can also manually enter information into these boxes.
If you are entering amounts manually, you can enter a comment or display the adjustments associated with the selected employee's record. Once you select an adjustment type, a window displays with the adjustments for the selected type. You can enter a brief description for adjustments added in box 14. After entering all adjustments for the selected employee, you must click Apply.
Entering Adjustment Amounts on an Employee’s Form W-2
- Under Manage Records, click the Period End Procedures tab.
- Select Add/Edit W2 Totals in the drop-down list, and click Go .
- In the Control No. box, enter the employee number. Click Lookup to select the employee. If you are working in version 10.6, this is labeled Employee, so enter the employee name.
- Verify that the tax year is correct for the W-2 you are editing. Click the Up and Down arrows to change the year, if necessary.
- Under Transaction Information, select the quarter for which you want to enter information. If you do not select a quarter, all amounts entered are applied to the fourth quarter and become effective as of 12/31.
- Select Box 8, 10, 11, 12, or 14, then click Lookup .
- Select the adjustment type, then select the Adj#, and click OK. ACS automatically inserts the dollar amount for the adjustment you selected in step #6. You can edit the amount, if necessary.
- Select the Code field and enter the correct W-2 code for the adjustment for Box 12.
- Click Apply.
Associating a W-2 Box With an Adjustment or Cost Center
- Under Advanced Tools, click the Define Lists tab, then select Payroll in the drop-down list, and click Go .
- Expand Payroll.
- Click either Adjustments or Cost Centers, select the item you would like to edit, and click Edit.
- Under W-2 Totals, select the box you want to fill automatically from the drop-down list and click OK.
Disbursing the Amount
- Under Adjustment Dispersal in the Add/Edit W2 Adjustments window, click Edit.
- Select the pay type and cost center.
- Enter the amount that applies.
- Click OK.