Assign Program Access
You can control access to each area of the program.
As you select access privileges for each program category and its subcategories, note that a subcategory can have a more restrictive access level than its parent category. However, subcategories cannot have less restrictive access than the parent categories. For example, a user can have all access to the Income program area but have no access or view-only access to Receivable Screens and Reports.
- On the Administration tab, click .
- Locate the user you want to assign program access to.
- For each program area listed, select an access option.
- No Access—Users cannot access any windows, processes, or reports for the indicated program area.CAUTION: If you select No Access for the Delete permission of any category, the user can still delete information on a record using the line delete if he or she has all access to the category. For example, if Sally has all access to the Vendors/Payees category but no access to Delete Vendors/Payees, she can delete a vendor's phone number but cannot delete the vendor's record.
- View Only Access—Users can view windows and print reports related to the indicated program area. The user can use the navigation tools but can't add or delete information.
- All Access—Users can access all windows, processes, and reports for the indicated program area.Tip: To give a user the same access to every program area, click Mark All No Access, Mark All View Only, or Mark All All Access. Then, if you want to allow or restrict access to a specific program area, you can select or clear those categories and subcategories.
- No Access—Users cannot access any windows, processes, or reports for the indicated program area.
- At the top, click Save.