Add the New Year Period
You can set up new periods for a group of classes. Select which current fields to keep and which to leave blank for the new year.
There are a few things you need to do to add the new year/period.
Back up your data
- On the File menu, click .
- Click Backup Data.
- Enter a reason for the backup, such as "Backup before adding new year/period".
- Select a backup method, and enter or select any relevant information.
- Click Start Backup.
- After your data is backed up, you can print the backup information for your reference.
Add the new year/period
- On the Information tab, click Add New Year/Period for Classes/Sessions.. On the Formation Processes tab, click
- Select Use the Automatic Updating method to select a group of classes, and click Next.
- Select Post New Year/Period for All Classes.
- Select whether you want to include only active, only inactive, or all classes. Click Next.
- Enter the new year/period and the date range.
- Select which fields to retain from the current records and which to clear out. Click Next.
- Insert any dates you know a class will not meet and a note describing why. Click Next.
- Review the list of classes/sessions to post in the new year/period. Clear the checkbox for any classes/sessions you do not want to add.
- To add another class/session, click Add Class to List. If needed, edit any information in the grid.
- When you're ready to add the new year/period, click Next.
- To post the information, click Finish.