After selecting a location to store the documents, you can add files from several locations in the program. PDS accepts most document and image file types, including .doc, .txt, .rtf, .pdf, .jpg, .jpeg, .bmp, and .png.
- In a window with this feature, click Add Documents.
- Click Yes if you already have a subfolder set up for documents, or click No to have PDS create a subfolder for you.
- Click Add File, and select the file that you want to link to. See the Documents Field Information for more on these options.Note: You can also click Scan to capture a new image using your scanner. Click Scanners in the Documents dialog box to select your scanner options.
- Click Save/OK.
Documents Field Information
- Provides options for how you want to scan and name your documents. You can select one or more of the following options:
- Automatically Assign Unique Filename on Scan—Automatically name the newly scanned document with a unique name. If you don't select this option, you'll be prompted to name it.
- Show Scanner Interface on Scan—Show the properties of your scanner and the scanning progress through your scanner's interface.
- Default File Format on Scan: BMP/JPG—Save your document in the specified file format.
- Choose the Scanner on Scan—Select which scanner to use if you have multiple scanners. If you only have one scanner or always want to use the default, don't select this option.
- Image Processes
- Provides options to rotate your image clockwise by 90 degrees, 180 degrees, or 270 degrees.
- Provides options to view your image in different modes: Full Page, Full Width, or at a certain percentage.
- Delete File
- If you delete a single file, you have the option to delete the original file from your computer. If you delete it, the file is moved to the Recycle Bin on your computer.
- Uses a scanner connected to your computer to scan a new document into the program. Before scanning in a new document, select your scanner options on Scanners in the Documents dialog box. This is not available in OnDemand.
- Removes the association between the file and the record. The link to the subfolder that contains the files is removed from the program. The subfolder and its contents are still available in the original location on your computer.