Add a Mass
Permanent mass—Occurs at the same time, on the same day, every week. Use this for Saturday evening and Sunday masses. Enter the time and day of the week for the mass, and Ministry Scheduler calculates the correct date on a week-by-week basis.
Special mass—A holy day or a special celebration such as Christmas Midnight Mass. These masses have specific dates and typically do not recur within a calendar year. Special masses are only included once, at the appropriate time, in the Masses to be Assigned this Week list. They're made inactive once the celebration occurs, unless they're set to recur every year.
Daily mass—Typically occurs at the same time weekly on one or more days of the week. You can display which day(s) of the week the mass is celebrated. For example, the parish holds masses on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- On the Information tab, click Masses.
- At the top, click Add Mass.
- Enter the mass time, and select the type of mass. See the mass type descriptions below this procedure.Note: If you're creating a permanent mass for a parish that doesn't serve Eucharist as both species at all masses, enter the permanent mass twice, and select complementing Allowed Weeks of A Month. Then, increase the Eucharistic minister count for the weeks both species are served.
- Enter a name, or select Use Day & Time as Name.
- Enter or select any additional information about the mass.
- In the Mass Ministry grid, enter the name of the ministry, the number of ministers needed, and the Class/Group name. Do this for each ministry you want to add for the mass.
- At the top, click Save.