List of Users Currently in the Program
You can view a list of users currently in the program and the name of the computer they are using. You can use this feature when other network users are working in the program and preventing you from performing a task, such as a backup.
To view the list, on the Quick Access toolbar, click the users icon .
Notify and Dismiss Other Users
You can send a message to users currently using and entering the program. You can also force users to exit if you need exclusive access to the program. These actions are recorded in the Log of User Activity.
- On the Quick Access toolbar, click the users icon .
- Click Notify Users.
- Review the message. If needed, edit it to meet your needs.
- Select whether to send a message or to notify and dismiss users.
- If you just want to notify other users without making them exit, select Send the message to those using and entering the program.
- Otherwise, select the Exclusive access option to notify and force users to exit the program. Enter the number of minutes to allow users to exit before the program closes.
- When you're ready to notify users, click Send Notification.
- Read the information to understand what happens now, then click OK.
- Click the X in the top-right corner, click Close, then continue with what you need to do in the program.
Users currently using or entering the program will see the message until you exit or turn off the notification.
To turn off the notification, click Turn Off Notification in the Notify Users dialog box.