Report and Selection Access
- Public—Other users can view and modify your report/selection.
- Shared—Other users can view but not modify your report/selection.
- Private—Only the owner can view and modify the report/selection.
Notes About Report and Selection Privileges
Reports and selections created in previous versions of the program are automatically designated as public. Similarly, when program security is disabled (you're not asked for a user name when you start the program), all reports and selections are public.
If you're a security administrator, you can set or change the owner of a report and/or selection. In the Overview window of the report or in the Selection window, select a user as the owner.
If you are not the security administrator or the owner of a report or selection, you can't view any reports/selection marked as private in the list. Only the owner or the security administrator can modify a shared report/selection. In the list of reports or selections, you can select Show Only My Reports/Selections to view the reports/selections that you created.
When a user account is deleted, any reports/selections they owned can be transferred to another user. Alternatively, you can designate it as public with no owner.
Designate Access to Reports and Selections
- To designate report access when adding a new report, select the report owner and report access option in the Add Report dialog box.
- To designate report access when you've copied an existing report, select the report owner and report access option in the Overview window.
- To designate access to your report selections, do the following:
- Select a report, and click Next until you reach the Selection window.
- Under the List of Selections, click Add or Copy to add your own report selection or copy an existing selection.
- On the Selection Information tab, select an owner and the access option you want.